In the Kitchen
My New Year’s resolution to be on-the-ball about meal planning and healthful cooking has been working out so far! Here was last week’s “Meatless Monday” recipe…
This (90%) meatless soup was delicious, and made enough for dinner and 2 full lunches!
Cheese Tortellini & Tuscan Vegetable Soup
– 1 (14.5 oz) Can of Diced Tomatoes with Garlic & Onion (undrained)
– 1 (11.5 oz) Can Condensed Bean with Bacon Soup* (undiluted)
– 4 Cups Water
– 1 (16 ounce) Bag of Frozen Italian Style Veggies *
– 3/4 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
– 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
– 1/2 (9 ounce) Package of Fresh Cheese Tortellini
– 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
I also tossed in a bunch of fresh spinach just before serving for some added greenery, and served the soup with spinach salad.
1. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a 4 quart saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Add the tortellini, reduce heat to medium Continue cooking for around 7 minutes or until pasta and veggies are tender.
3. Stir in the grated cheese.
*Okay, so this makes the recipe not totally meatless…. but it’s such a teeny amount, I’m pretending it doesn’t count.