Creating a Masterpiece
After showing her some pictures, we were both pretty excited about her party. I knew it was going to be a bit of a challenge to top last years 4th birthday theme, Cinderella!
Party Planning 101
- Make a budget and stick to it! You don’t have to go all out to have fun! As a matter of fact, the large majority of the decorations were from Dollar Tree.
- If you don’t want to have the party at your house, book a venue that’s within your budget. Our local library has rooms that you can rent for $25- guess where we held the party- yep, at the library!!
- Make a to-do list the week of the party to keep from getting overwhelmed.
- Start making the decorations the week before if you plan on doing them yourself.
- If you plan on making and decorating the cake, enlist your hubby or friend to watch the kids while you bake/decorate without interruptions.
We put wrapping paper up, followed by the pennants, and circle tissue paper fans.
I got all of this at Dollar Tree!
I really wanted use streamer for the whole banner, but we ran out of time. (We only had 1 hour to get things ready for the party!) This would’ve been a great photo booth area too!
Streamers: Dollar Tree
Circle Fans: Dollar Tree
Painting Party Activites
Paint brushes: variety pack at Hobby Lobby
Canvas- 3 pack at WalMart
I Ain’t Gonna Paint no More
Edible Rainbow Bracelets
Peach Rings- Dollar Tree
Life Saver Gummies- Dollar Tree
Ribbon- Dollar Tree
Let’s Eat Cake!
Another way to save money is to have guests bring food instead of a gift. We did this for Little H’s 2nd birthday.
I also made a darling cake topper with 2 paintbrushes like this to go along with the theme. I put her name on it and it was so cute!!
The kids loved painting, and it wasn’t geared towards one gender.
The kids also had their own painting and aprons to take home instead of another goodie bag filled with little trinkets that get lost or get broken as soon as you get home.
Here is our little family of 5 after the party! I try my best to remember to take family pictures before the party, but sometimes you forget and you just go with it!